Could you volunteer to help victims of crime?
If you’ve ever been a victim of crime, or witnessed a crime, then you’ve probably been supported by local charity Victim Support NI.
They are a not-for-profit charity who provide emotional support and practical advice, with a wide range of services in place.
But the work they do is heavily supported by volunteers and they currently require local volunteers in the North West area covering Derry City, Limavady and Strabane.
Volunteers for the charity provide support in two areas. Witness Service volunteers are located within the courts providing support to victims and witnesses as their cases come to trial, accompanying them into court, advocating on their behalf and conducting pre-trial court visits.
Community Service volunteers meet with victims shortly after a crime has been committed and provide emotional support and advice to help them through this period. They are located at the Victim Support NI Hub in the Embassy Building, as well as in outreach centres across Northern Ireland.
The charity also received the nationwide quality standard ‘Investing in Volunteers’ Award in June 2017. Investing in Volunteers aims to improve the quality of the volunteering experience for all volunteers, and demonstrates that Victim Support NI values the enormous contribution made by their volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering with Victim Support NI please contact the North West Volunteer Centre for more information.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Quaker Service Prison Befriender
- Dementia NI Empowerment Group Support Volunteer
- Kinship Care Volunteer - Kinship Care NI
- Phone & Home Volunteer Befrienders - B-Friend Hub, Strabane
- Volunteer Befriender - Huntington's Disease Association Northern Ireland
- Drivers & Helpers - Age Concern
- Youth support worker volunteer - Search
- Sitting Service/befriending volunteers with Strabane District Caring Services
- Support Group - Aware
- Volunteer Support Worker - Jigsaw Project
- TinyLife Family Support volunteer
- Volunteering with Leonard Cheshire - Cheshire House
- Arthritis Awareness Volunteer
- Compassionate Communities @ Foyle Hospice
- Volunteers for Action on Hearing Loss
- Foyle Down Syndrome Trust Volunteer Buddies
- Witness & Community Service Volunteers - Victim Support NI
- Check In & Chat Volunteer - Age NI