Our vision is that by 2020 people with Parkinson's, their families and carers will have fair and consistent access to the services and support that are fundamental to being and staying in control with Parkinson's.
Parkinson's UK are looking for a volunteer to welcome and encourage participants and take registration during a 6 week Movement to Music programme taking place in the Foyle Arena Leisure Centre. This will run on a Wednesday starting 14th March 2018 for 6 consecutive weeks. The volunteer would be required from 12.15pm until 2pm.
Activities run by Parkinson's UK ensure that people with Parkinson's have access to the things that they want and need to take control.
As a Welcome Volunteer, you will:
Gain considerably from meeting new people and forging friendships and connections in your area
Enable those affected by Parkinson's to access support in their area
Do something useful and meaningful for your community
Learn about the work of a major health charity, and be an important part of the wider Parkinson's UK network
For more information please contact the North West Volunteer Centre.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- IT Support Volunteer - AbilityNet NI
- Dementia Friendly Community Champion - Alzheimer's Society
- Volunteer Support Worker - Strabane Special Olympics
- Glenside Club, Strabane
- Horticulture Assistant - New Horizons Strabane
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Volunteer Peer Advocate with Disability Action
- Service Volunteer - Headway UK
- Family Support Volunteer - Headway UK
- Post Rehabilitation Exercise Programme (PREP) Support Volunteer - Chest Heart & Stroke
- Volunteer Support Worker-P.O.C.A
- Volunteer Walker - Friends of Ardavon
- Welcome Volunteer - Movement to Music / Parkinson's UK
- Hippotherapy - Gortilea
- Solas Educational Support Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities - Cheshire House / Leonard Cheshire
- Support Volunteer - Destined Ltd
- Volunteer with Foyle Down Syndrome Trust
- Support Group Volunteers - Versus Arthritis
- 121 Outreach Volunteers - Versus Arthritis