Help save lives in Northern Ireland by becoming a Prostate Cancer Champion
Interested in raising awareness on prostate cancer and helping with campaigning? the Prostate Cancer Champion volunteering role involves giving talks to various groups such as Rotary Clubs, working on Information Stands distributing materials to the public and helping campaign with MLAs to improve the lives of diagnosed men. If you have been affected by prostate cancer or are just passionate about the cause, this is the opportunity for you. The charity is particularly looking to recruit volunteers in the North West area.
How you can help
As part of a volunteer speaker team, you'll be representing Prostate Cancer UK at a range of different talks about prostate cancer, your personal experience 9if you're comfortable in doing so) and the work of the charity.
The next training sessions for this role are:
Belfast: Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th March. Please note both days must be attended.
What you will get from volunteering
* the opportunity to raise awareness of prostate cancer to a range of groups and MLAs at various events
* Meeting new people and sharing your story with them
* Knowing that you're making a difference to thousands of men - your talk on prostate cancer may be a reason a man decides to visit a GP or the reason a wife realises potential symptoms in her husband. You could save a life and also educate thousands of people.
What we will need from you before getting started
* If you're a new volunteer, we will need a registration form and to take references
* If you are an existing volunteer, we will only need to take references if we have not taken them already for another role with us
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Dementia NI Event Support and Awareness Raising Volunteer
- Qualified Volunteer Counsellor - Pregnancy Matters Life NI
- Awareness Volunteer - Bowel Cancer UK
- Volunteer Counsellor with Men's Advisory Project
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Listening Volunteer - Samaritans
- Volunteering with Prostate Cancer in Northern Ireland
- Donor Recruitment Event Volunteer - Anthony Nolan