Stroke Association Voluntary Groups provide long term social and peer support to people affected by stroke. They meet together to reduce social isolation and rebuild the confidence of members. A Treasurer would manage the day to day finances of the group, as per the financial guidelines outlined in the “Voluntary Group Handbook”
What tasks can this role include:
Voluntary groups are run by a team made up of lead volunteer roles in a committee structure including Chairperson/Group Organiser, Secretary and Treasurer. Depending on your role you will be individually or collectively responsible for some of these tasks:
• Welcome speakers, new members and visitors to the group ensuring an inclusive environment is provided.
• Prepare a financial summary for the groups’ Annual Review Meeting.
• Keep a record of all group income and expenditure and ensure all expenses and invoices are paid on time.
• Administer the group’s bank account, including banking any cash or cheques, and potentially acting as a card or petty cash holder.
• Hold all paperwork and records relevant to the group’s finances and submit monthly accounts to the Regional Office.
• Ensure the group complies with the financial guidelines as set out in the “Voluntary Group Handbook”.
• Responding to any correspondence the group may have, including keeping local and regional Stroke Association staff informed of the activities of the group.
This might be the role for you if:
• Good numerical skills.
• Able to present and explain financial information clearly.
• Able to maintain clear and accurate financial records.
• You are computer literate.
• A willingness to abide by policies relating to finances and the charity commission.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Administrator - Sion Mills Buildings Preservation Trust
- Volunteer Administrator - Sion Mills Community Association
- Voluntary Group Committee Member - Stroke Association
- Children in Crossfire - Collection Can Co-Ordinator
- Stroke Group Supporter - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Chairperson/Organiser - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Secretary - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Treasurer - Stroke Association
- Office Administrator / Caretaker / Fundraiser - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Volunteer Administrator - La Dolce Vita Project
- Volunteer Assistant - Prehen Lifestyle Centre
- Volunteer Administrator - REACH Acoss
- Volunteer Administrator - Young Enterprise NI
- Volunteer Administrator - Me4Mental
- Volunteer Administrator - Strabane & District Caring Services
- Admin Support - Strabane Ethnic Community Association
- Administration Support Volunteer - Reading Rooms
- Volunteer Administrator - Foyle Women's Aid
- PR Volunteer - Strabane Community Project
- Volunteer Administrator - Stroke Association
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Receptionist - Hillcrest Trust
- Social Media Volunteer - Childline Foyle
- Admin support with Sion Mills Community Association
- IT support with Sion Mills Community Association
- Volunteer Receptionist - Mens Action Network
- Admin Volunteer with Zest
- Code Club Volunteer - Code Club
- Digital Development Volunteer - Leonard Cheshire