Stroke Association Voluntary Groups provide long term social and peer support to people affected by stroke. They meet together to reduce social isolation and rebuild the confidence of members. A Treasurer would manage the day to day finances of the group, as per the financial guidelines outlined in the “Voluntary Group Handbook”
What tasks can this role include:
Voluntary groups are run by a team made up of lead volunteer roles in a committee structure including Chairperson/Group Organiser, Secretary and Treasurer. Depending on your role you will be individually or collectively responsible for some of these tasks:
• Welcome speakers, new members and visitors to the group ensuring an inclusive environment is provided.
• Prepare a financial summary for the groups’ Annual Review Meeting.
• Keep a record of all group income and expenditure and ensure all expenses and invoices are paid on time.
• Administer the group’s bank account, including banking any cash or cheques, and potentially acting as a card or petty cash holder.
• Hold all paperwork and records relevant to the group’s finances and submit monthly accounts to the Regional Office.
• Ensure the group complies with the financial guidelines as set out in the “Voluntary Group Handbook”.
• Responding to any correspondence the group may have, including keeping local and regional Stroke Association staff informed of the activities of the group.
This might be the role for you if:
• Good numerical skills.
• Able to present and explain financial information clearly.
• Able to maintain clear and accurate financial records.
• You are computer literate.
• A willingness to abide by policies relating to finances and the charity commission.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Local representative - Make-A-Wish
- Voluntary Group Committee Member - Stroke Association
- Stroke Group Supporter - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Treasurer - Stroke Association
- Collection Co-ordinator - Action on Hearing Loss
- Local Fundraising Group Helper or Member - RNIB
- Fundraiser - Little Orchid's Children Centre
- Fundraiser - Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Fundraiser - Action on Hearing Loss
- Fundraiser/Flag Days - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Fundraiser/Bag Packing - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Events Volunteer/Fundraiser (White Collar boxing 18+) - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Events Volunteer (White Collar Boxing) - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Fundraising Volunteer - Alzheimer's Society
- Legacy Giving Support Role - Strabane - Alzheimer's Society
- Fundraising Volunteers - Foyle Hospice
- Event Management/Support - National Trust
- Fundraiser - Stroke Association
- Collection Can Co-ordinator - Children in Crossfire
- Fundraising Volunteer - Headway UK
- Collection Box Champion - Headway UK
- Fundraising - Foyle Search & Rescue
- Fundraising Events - Aware
- Public Speaking Volunteer - RNIB
- Fundraising Volunteer - Liberty Consortium
- Support Workers for Events and Fundraisers - COS for Autism Families
- Promotional Stand Volunteer - Foyle Hospice
- Fundraising Volunteer - CLIC Sargent