Stroke Association Voluntary Groups provide long term social support to people affected by stroke. They organise events and meet together to reduce social isolation and rebuild the confidence of members. Committee members organise and ensure the smooth running of the groups.
What tasks can this role include:
Voluntary groups are run by a team made up of a Chairperson/Organiser, Secretary and Treasurer. Depending on your role you will be individually of collectively responsible for some of these tasks:
• Planning and co-ordinating activities for the group to undertake, including inviting speakers and booking outings.
• Managing the group’s accounts, including producing a monthly report and acting as a signatory on the bank account.
• Chairing meetings, including an AGM, to discuss the management of the group, including taking minutes and circulating agendas.
• Keeping and maintaining membership records, including emergency contact details, and keeping in touch with members through newsletters etc.
• Recruiting and supporting volunteers in the group and working with the regional and local Stroke Association staff to ensure they are supported.
• Responding to any correspondence the group may have, including keeping local and regional Stroke Association staff informed of the activities of the group.
This might be the role for you if:
• You are confident in managing people and taking the lead or have prior experience of doing so in either a voluntary or professional capacity.
• You have administrative or secretarial skills.
• You have experience of managing a budget.
• You have excellent listening and communication skills.
• You have excellent organisational skills.
• You are computer literate.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Local representative - Make-A-Wish
- Voluntary Group Committee Member - Stroke Association
- Stroke Group Supporter - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Treasurer - Stroke Association
- Collection Co-ordinator - Action on Hearing Loss
- Local Fundraising Group Helper or Member - RNIB
- Fundraiser - Little Orchid's Children Centre
- Fundraiser - Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Fundraiser - Action on Hearing Loss
- Fundraiser/Flag Days - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Fundraiser/Bag Packing - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Events Volunteer/Fundraiser (White Collar boxing 18+) - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Events Volunteer (White Collar Boxing) - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Fundraising Volunteer - Alzheimer's Society
- Legacy Giving Support Role - Strabane - Alzheimer's Society
- Fundraising Volunteers - Foyle Hospice
- Event Management/Support - National Trust
- Fundraiser - Stroke Association
- Collection Can Co-ordinator - Children in Crossfire
- Fundraising Volunteer - Headway UK
- Collection Box Champion - Headway UK
- Fundraising - Foyle Search & Rescue
- Fundraising Events - Aware
- Public Speaking Volunteer - RNIB
- Fundraising Volunteer - Liberty Consortium
- Support Workers for Events and Fundraisers - COS for Autism Families
- Promotional Stand Volunteer - Foyle Hospice
- Fundraising Volunteer - CLIC Sargent