Stroke Association Voluntary Groups provide long term social and peer support to people affected by stroke. They meet together to reduce social isolation and rebuild the confidence of members. The Chairperson/Group Organiser ensure the smooth running of the groups and act as a main contact for the Stroke Association.
What tasks can this role include:
Voluntary groups are run by a team made up of lead volunteer roles in a committee structure including Chairperson/Group Organiser, Secretary and Treasurer. Depending on your role you will be individually or collectively responsible for some of these tasks:
• Planning and co-ordinating activities for the group to undertake, including inviting speakers, artists or booking outings.
• Welcome speakers, new members and visitors to the group ensuring an inclusive environment is provided.
• Chairing meetings, including an annual review meeting, to discuss the management of the group, including taking minutes and circulating agendas.
• Recruiting and supporting volunteers in the group working with the regional Stroke Association staff to ensure they are supported and inducted to their group role.
• Responding to any correspondence the group may have, including keeping local and regional Stroke Association staff informed of the activities of the group.
This might be the role for you if:
• You are confident in managing people and taking the lead or have prior experience of doing so in either a voluntary or professional capacity.
• You have excellent listening and communication skills.
• You have excellent organisational skills.
• You are computer literate.
• You have the ability to motivate others and involve them in decision making.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Administrator - Sion Mills Buildings Preservation Trust
- Volunteer Administrator - Sion Mills Community Association
- Voluntary Group Committee Member - Stroke Association
- Children in Crossfire - Collection Can Co-Ordinator
- Stroke Group Supporter - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Chairperson/Organiser - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Secretary - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Treasurer - Stroke Association
- Office Administrator / Caretaker / Fundraiser - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Volunteer Administrator - La Dolce Vita Project
- Volunteer Assistant - Prehen Lifestyle Centre
- Volunteer Administrator - REACH Acoss
- Volunteer Administrator - Young Enterprise NI
- Volunteer Administrator - Me4Mental
- Volunteer Administrator - Strabane & District Caring Services
- Admin Support - Strabane Ethnic Community Association
- Administration Support Volunteer - Reading Rooms
- Volunteer Administrator - Foyle Women's Aid
- PR Volunteer - Strabane Community Project
- Volunteer Administrator - Stroke Association
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Receptionist - Hillcrest Trust
- Social Media Volunteer - Childline Foyle
- Admin support with Sion Mills Community Association
- IT support with Sion Mills Community Association
- Volunteer Receptionist - Mens Action Network
- Admin Volunteer with Zest
- Code Club Volunteer - Code Club
- Digital Development Volunteer - Leonard Cheshire