Volunteering with Foyle Hospice you will benefit in the knowledge that you are making a contribution to raining funds that will help the Hospice to continue to provide an excellent care system for our patients.
You will enjoy working as part of a team of volunteers and Hospice staff where you can meet new people and friends.
In dealing with the general public you will enjoy working with a diverse range of people.
- Collection of furniture, clothes and bric a brac from the general public and distribution of same to Hospice shops/warehouses based in Strabane and Castlederg.
- Delivery of furniture to customer homes.
- Assist with managment of clothing banks.
- Adherence to Foyle Hospice Health and Safety guidelines.
- Adherence to Foyle Hospice's philosophy of treating each person with dignity, respect and compassion irrespective of their cultural or religious backround.
Qualities & Attributes
- Good safe driver with a current clean drivers license held for a minimum of 7 years.
- Good physical fitness level (role involves a ot of manual handling).
- Team player.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Dementia NI Volunteer Driver
- Realise Project Driver - RNIB
- Volunteer Driver - Flexicare
- Easilink Community Transport - Volunteer Car Drivers
- Minibus helper - The Plum Club
- Volunteer Driver - Concern Worldwide
- Meals On Wheels Driver - Age Concern / Older People North West
- Van Driver / Helper for Foyle Hospice
- Social Car Scheme Volunteer Driver - Bridge Accessible Transport
- Volunteer drivers required with Easilink
- The Resource Centre Derry - Meals On Wheels Service
- Strabane & District Caring Services
- Foyle Foodbank - Volunteer Drivers