Our Life After Stroke Service groups and Voluntary Groups play an important role in ensuring that stroke survivors do not become socially isolated. They also help to build the confidence and self-esteem of the people who attend. As a Stroke Group Supporter you will be part of a team who will assist in the running of these groups.
What tasks can this role include:
• Assist Stroke Association staff and/or voluntary group committee members in arranging activities and events for the group by helping to provide information, researching and contacting local activity and/or service providers.
• Supporting people to take part in activities organised for the group.
• Supporting Stroke Association staff and/or voluntary group committee members to set-up and clear away venues where the group meets.
• Meeting and greeting group members.
• Preparing and providing refreshments.
• Potentially helping with other tasks that ensure the smooth running of the group such as risk assessments, first aid and compiling user feedback.
This might be the role for you if:
• You have excellent listening skills.
• You have excellent organisational skills.
• You enjoy working with other people.
• You have a friendly and approachable manner.
What are the benefits for you:
• Practical experience of working with people who have been affected by stroke.
• An understanding and awareness of stroke and its effects and the challenges people face after stroke.
• An opportunity to enhance your CV or learn new skills.
• An opportunity to engage with your local community.
• An opportunity to gain experience with a well-respected charity delivering sector-leading services.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Administrator - Sion Mills Buildings Preservation Trust
- Volunteer Administrator - Sion Mills Community Association
- Voluntary Group Committee Member - Stroke Association
- Children in Crossfire - Collection Can Co-Ordinator
- Stroke Group Supporter - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Chairperson/Organiser - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Secretary - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Treasurer - Stroke Association
- Office Administrator / Caretaker / Fundraiser - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Volunteer Administrator - La Dolce Vita Project
- Volunteer Assistant - Prehen Lifestyle Centre
- Volunteer Administrator - REACH Acoss
- Volunteer Administrator - Young Enterprise NI
- Volunteer Administrator - Me4Mental
- Volunteer Administrator - Strabane & District Caring Services
- Admin Support - Strabane Ethnic Community Association
- Administration Support Volunteer - Reading Rooms
- Volunteer Administrator - Foyle Women's Aid
- PR Volunteer - Strabane Community Project
- Volunteer Administrator - Stroke Association
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Receptionist - Hillcrest Trust
- Social Media Volunteer - Childline Foyle
- Admin support with Sion Mills Community Association
- IT support with Sion Mills Community Association
- Volunteer Receptionist - Mens Action Network
- Admin Volunteer with Zest
- Code Club Volunteer - Code Club
- Digital Development Volunteer - Leonard Cheshire