Our Life After Stroke Service groups and Voluntary Groups play an important role in ensuring that stroke survivors do not become socially isolated. They also help to build the confidence and self-esteem of the people who attend. As a Stroke Group Supporter you will be part of a team who will assist in the running of these groups.
What tasks can this role include:
• Assist Stroke Association staff and/or voluntary group committee members in arranging activities and events for the group by helping to provide information, researching and contacting local activity and/or service providers.
• Supporting people to take part in activities organised for the group.
• Supporting Stroke Association staff and/or voluntary group committee members to set-up and clear away venues where the group meets.
• Meeting and greeting group members.
• Preparing and providing refreshments.
• Potentially helping with other tasks that ensure the smooth running of the group such as risk assessments, first aid and compiling user feedback.
This might be the role for you if:
• You have excellent listening skills.
• You have excellent organisational skills.
• You enjoy working with other people.
• You have a friendly and approachable manner.
What are the benefits for you:
• Practical experience of working with people who have been affected by stroke.
• An understanding and awareness of stroke and its effects and the challenges people face after stroke.
• An opportunity to enhance your CV or learn new skills.
• An opportunity to engage with your local community.
• An opportunity to gain experience with a well-respected charity delivering sector-leading services.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Local representative - Make-A-Wish
- Voluntary Group Committee Member - Stroke Association
- Stroke Group Supporter - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Treasurer - Stroke Association
- Collection Co-ordinator - Action on Hearing Loss
- Local Fundraising Group Helper or Member - RNIB
- Fundraiser - Little Orchid's Children Centre
- Fundraiser - Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Fundraiser - Action on Hearing Loss
- Fundraiser/Flag Days - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Fundraiser/Bag Packing - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Events Volunteer/Fundraiser (White Collar boxing 18+) - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Events Volunteer (White Collar Boxing) - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Fundraising Volunteer - Alzheimer's Society
- Legacy Giving Support Role - Strabane - Alzheimer's Society
- Fundraising Volunteers - Foyle Hospice
- Event Management/Support - National Trust
- Fundraiser - Stroke Association
- Collection Can Co-ordinator - Children in Crossfire
- Fundraising Volunteer - Headway UK
- Collection Box Champion - Headway UK
- Fundraising - Foyle Search & Rescue
- Fundraising Events - Aware
- Public Speaking Volunteer - RNIB
- Fundraising Volunteer - Liberty Consortium
- Support Workers for Events and Fundraisers - COS for Autism Families
- Promotional Stand Volunteer - Foyle Hospice
- Fundraising Volunteer - CLIC Sargent