Public Speaker – Fundraising
Be our ambassador! Make a difference in your local community by talking to a variety of audiences and representing us at local events. Your role will be engaging, informing and inspiring others to fund raise or donate to make every day better for blind and partially sighted children and adults.
This role does not require an Access NI check.
What will I be doing?
• Acting as a face of RNIB
• Building relationships and engaging with supporters
• Talking to businesses, schools, community and activity groups to generate awareness of our work
• Representing the RNIB Group at cheque presentations and local events.
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
• Good communication skills
• Ability to speak confidently and to vary style to suit different audiences
• Confident in engaging and captivating your audience
• Use own initiative and feel happy to work independently
• Ability to learn material and to deliver it within an agreed framework
• Willingness to undertake training and attend occasional volunteer meetings.
When will I be needed?
A few hours a week, dependant on local need. Some evenings will be necessary.
Your local area, however, a willingness to travel on occasions would be helpful.
What will I gain from the role?
• Personal satisfaction from helping adults and children with sight loss
• Using and developing your skills as a speaker
• Meet new people within your local community.
What support will I be given?
• Induction and training
• Understanding Sight Loss Pack
• Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
• Support from your Area Fundraising Manager.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Local representative - Make-A-Wish
- Voluntary Group Committee Member - Stroke Association
- Stroke Group Supporter - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Treasurer - Stroke Association
- Collection Co-ordinator - Action on Hearing Loss
- Local Fundraising Group Helper or Member - RNIB
- Fundraiser - Little Orchid's Children Centre
- Fundraiser - Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Fundraiser - Action on Hearing Loss
- Fundraiser/Flag Days - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Fundraiser/Bag Packing - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Events Volunteer/Fundraiser (White Collar boxing 18+) - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Events Volunteer (White Collar Boxing) - Chernobyl Children International Foyle & Inishowen Branch
- Fundraising Volunteer - Alzheimer's Society
- Legacy Giving Support Role - Strabane - Alzheimer's Society
- Fundraising Volunteers - Foyle Hospice
- Event Management/Support - National Trust
- Fundraiser - Stroke Association
- Collection Can Co-ordinator - Children in Crossfire
- Fundraising Volunteer - Headway UK
- Collection Box Champion - Headway UK
- Fundraising - Foyle Search & Rescue
- Fundraising Events - Aware
- Public Speaking Volunteer - RNIB
- Fundraising Volunteer - Liberty Consortium
- Support Workers for Events and Fundraisers - COS for Autism Families
- Promotional Stand Volunteer - Foyle Hospice
- Fundraising Volunteer - CLIC Sargent