Thank you for stopping to read this and now that I have your attention....
Did you know that you could help make a difference to the lives of others, have some "craic" and possibly make new friends while doing so?
Are you available on a Wednesday morning from 10.30am - 12.30pm?
If so then Chest Heart & Stroke are recruiting volunteers for their Post Rehabilitation Exercise Programme (PREP) group in Derry/Londonderry, which meets in Templemore Sports Complex, Buncrana Road.
PREP is a community based post statutory rehabilitation patient education and physical activity support service for people who have had a stroke. Northern Ireland Chest Heart & Stroke (NICHS) care services offer those affected by chest, heart and stroke conditions an opportunity to take part in a programme of activities and socialise with those who have been through a similar experience. No personal care is involved.
Volunteer Role Main Purpose - To assist the co-ordinator with the Post Rehabilitation Exercise Programme
Tasks include: setting up of equipment, assisting clients with light exercise, in a motivational role, helping with moving around the room, assisting with activities/outings, preparing and serving refreshments.
Volunteers must have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility to assist clients with the exercises, the ability to take direction and carry out instructions, good communication and people skills and be willing to be part of a team.
Full support & induction is provided such as help and advice, training queries, protocol, any problems encountered and reimbursement of agreed out of pocket expenses.
For more information contact the North West Volunteer Centre.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- IT Support Volunteer - AbilityNet NI
- Dementia Friendly Community Champion - Alzheimer's Society
- Volunteer Support Worker - Strabane Special Olympics
- Glenside Club, Strabane
- Horticulture Assistant - New Horizons Strabane
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Volunteer Peer Advocate with Disability Action
- Service Volunteer - Headway UK
- Family Support Volunteer - Headway UK
- Post Rehabilitation Exercise Programme (PREP) Support Volunteer - Chest Heart & Stroke
- Volunteer Support Worker-P.O.C.A
- Volunteer Walker - Friends of Ardavon
- Welcome Volunteer - Movement to Music / Parkinson's UK
- Hippotherapy - Gortilea
- Solas Educational Support Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities - Cheshire House / Leonard Cheshire
- Support Volunteer - Destined Ltd
- Volunteer with Foyle Down Syndrome Trust
- Support Group Volunteers - Versus Arthritis
- 121 Outreach Volunteers - Versus Arthritis