Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person in the Strabane area?
If you have a few hours or more to spare each week, have patience and a great sense of humour, are interested in older people and are a good listener....this volunteering opportunity could be perfect for you!
You have the option to volunteer with the phone line befriending service or the home befriending service. All volunteers receive training, are Access NI checked, provide references and receive ongoing support and supervision.
Volunteers receive out of pocket expenses including travel.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Quaker Service Prison Befriender
- Dementia NI Empowerment Group Support Volunteer
- Kinship Care Volunteer - Kinship Care NI
- Phone & Home Volunteer Befrienders - B-Friend Hub, Strabane
- Volunteer Befriender - Huntington's Disease Association Northern Ireland
- Drivers & Helpers - Age Concern
- Youth support worker volunteer - Search
- Sitting Service/befriending volunteers with Strabane District Caring Services
- Support Group - Aware
- Volunteer Support Worker - Jigsaw Project
- TinyLife Family Support volunteer
- Volunteering with Leonard Cheshire - Cheshire House
- Arthritis Awareness Volunteer
- Compassionate Communities @ Foyle Hospice
- Volunteers for Action on Hearing Loss
- Foyle Down Syndrome Trust Volunteer Buddies
- Witness & Community Service Volunteers - Victim Support NI
- Check In & Chat Volunteer - Age NI