What is the purpose of the role?
Cancer Fund for Children volunteers play a key role in supporting the charity by organising fundraising events within their local community, promoting events organised by Cancer Fund for Children and by simply helping with general fundraising activities in the local area. In doing so you will be making a difference to the lives of children living with cancer.
What does it involve?
As a community representative you will: help raise the profile of Cancer Fund for Children in you local area, organise fundraising events and activities, encourage your contacts such as colleagues, family and friends to take part in fundraising and help develop new contacts for the charity in your local area.
What skills or experience do I need?
Personal qualities such as good organisational skills, creativity, enthusiasm, motivation and willingness to be part of a team. Experience - You may be entirely new to fundraising or be keen to build on your fundraising experience. Ideally you will have great communication skills and lots of contacts in your local community.
What can I expect from you role?
The support of a dedicated Fundraiser in your area to provide all the advice and practical support you'll need. You'll gain insight into the work of Cancer Fund for Children and valuable experience of organising events and activities. An opportunity to meet new people and develop your communication skills.
For more information please contact the North West Volunteer Centre
Opportunities Available in this Category
- North West Fundraiser - Cancer Fund for Children
- Youth Club Volunteer - The Jigsaw Project
- Foyle Child Contact Centre - Volunteer
- Community Support Volunteer - Positive Futures
- School's Service volunteer - NSPCC
- Volunteer Mentor - Coder Dojo Derry
- Volunteer Youth Worker - Clooney Youth Club
- On Street Community Youth
- Media Support Volunteer - Headliners
- Group Work Assistant facilitator - On Street Community Youth
- Childcare Volunteer - Strabane Primary Community Playgroup
- Event Volunteer - On Street Community Youth
- Childcare Volunteer - Little Orchids Children's Centre
- Youth Club Volunteer - Irish Street Community Association
- Playgroup Volunteer - Pennyburn Community Playgroup
- After-School Club Support Assistant - Foyle Women's Aid
- Volunteer Committee Members - REACH Across
- Primary Volunteer - Young Enterprise NI
- Business Volunteer - Young Enterprise NI
- Volunteer with North West Migrants Forum
- Volunteer with POCA
- Volunteer Group Facilitators - VOYPIC
- Youth Club - Sion Mills Community Association
- Volunteer Counsellor - Childline Foyle
- Youth Club volunteers with Sion Mills Community Association
- TinyLife Family Support Volunteers
- Individual Swimming Assistant - COS for Autism Families
- Young Witness Supporter - NSPCC
- Volunteer with Tinylife
- Volunteer playworkers required with Newpin
- Volunteer - Sported
- Youth Club Volunteer - Fountain Street Community Development Association
- Support Volunteer - Destined Ltd
- Fighting Words Volunteer Mentors - The Playhouse