What is a listening volunteer?
Listening volunteers deliver our service to people who get in touch by phone, email, letter and in person.
You don’t need to have previous experience or qualifications, but you do need to be interested in other people and be open-minded.
You also need to be over 18 years old.
We want volunteers from a range of backgrounds and circumstances, because we believe this helps us provide the best service for people who contact us.
In many branches listening volunteers also reach out to people in their community – talking about Samaritans and our work in schools, colleges and community groups.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Dementia NI Event Support and Awareness Raising Volunteer
- Qualified Volunteer Counsellor - Pregnancy Matters Life NI
- Awareness Volunteer - Bowel Cancer UK
- Volunteer Counsellor with Men's Advisory Project
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Listening Volunteer - Samaritans
- Volunteering with Prostate Cancer in Northern Ireland
- Donor Recruitment Event Volunteer - Anthony Nolan