Our volunteers visit disabled people in their homes or day centres to help with computer problems. We help people set up computers, connect to the net, set up email and provide basic tuition when appropriate. We sometimes have to modify settings on computers to help people better access them. Some of our volunteers become proficient in using special software that can help people with visual impairment or learning difficulties, for example. With experience, our volunteers can help people with advice on purchasing computers and adaptations. There is a network of volunteers throughout the country and we support each other.
Volunteers are expected to have a good working knowledge of computers. Access to personal transport is desirable. This is a flexibile role that volunteers can fit around other commitments. IT Support Volunteers are given training, supported in their role by the Area Organiser and reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Please see our flyer for more information about the role.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- IT Support Volunteer - AbilityNet NI
- Dementia Friendly Community Champion - Alzheimer's Society
- Volunteer Support Worker - Strabane Special Olympics
- Glenside Club, Strabane
- Horticulture Assistant - New Horizons Strabane
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Volunteer Peer Advocate with Disability Action
- Service Volunteer - Headway UK
- Family Support Volunteer - Headway UK
- Post Rehabilitation Exercise Programme (PREP) Support Volunteer - Chest Heart & Stroke
- Volunteer Support Worker-P.O.C.A
- Volunteer Walker - Friends of Ardavon
- Welcome Volunteer - Movement to Music / Parkinson's UK
- Hippotherapy - Gortilea
- Solas Educational Support Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities - Cheshire House / Leonard Cheshire
- Support Volunteer - Destined Ltd
- Volunteer with Foyle Down Syndrome Trust
- Support Group Volunteers - Versus Arthritis
- 121 Outreach Volunteers - Versus Arthritis