Leonard Cheshire are looking for volunteers to help and support it's services in the installation, set up and training (residents, their families, staff & volunteers) in new digital technology. Ensuring that residents are digitally included and can use technology to stay connected and combat isolation, through supporting online social groups, video calls, music and TV subscriptions, learn new skills and remain independent.
This is a great role for someone who is comfortable using a range of devices, and who would like to help disabled people to harness the power of technology and stay connected.
With access to the appropriate equipment, this is a role that can be carried out remotely.
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed if agreed in advance.
Requirements of the role:
- Two References
- Access NI Disclosure check
- Online Induction Training
- Digital Champions Training
Tasks and responsibilities
- Setting up Alexa devices, smart technology – smart bulbs etc.
- Assist in setting up online accounts when needed.
- Check that devices are working correctly.
- Train up those involved so that they can use the devices with confidence.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to ensure all devices are being used regularly and efficiently.
Skills acquired: Communication Skills, Customer Service, General IT Wiz, IT Help Desk, Interactive/Social Media/SEO, Learning Difficulty Aide, Mentoring, Public Speaking
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Administrator - Sion Mills Buildings Preservation Trust
- Volunteer Administrator - Sion Mills Community Association
- Voluntary Group Committee Member - Stroke Association
- Children in Crossfire - Collection Can Co-Ordinator
- Stroke Group Supporter - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Chairperson/Organiser - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Secretary - Stroke Association
- Voluntary Group Treasurer - Stroke Association
- Office Administrator / Caretaker / Fundraiser - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Volunteer Administrator - La Dolce Vita Project
- Volunteer Assistant - Prehen Lifestyle Centre
- Volunteer Administrator - REACH Acoss
- Volunteer Administrator - Young Enterprise NI
- Volunteer Administrator - Me4Mental
- Volunteer Administrator - Strabane & District Caring Services
- Admin Support - Strabane Ethnic Community Association
- Administration Support Volunteer - Reading Rooms
- Volunteer Administrator - Foyle Women's Aid
- PR Volunteer - Strabane Community Project
- Volunteer Administrator - Stroke Association
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Receptionist - Hillcrest Trust
- Social Media Volunteer - Childline Foyle
- Admin support with Sion Mills Community Association
- IT support with Sion Mills Community Association
- Volunteer Receptionist - Mens Action Network
- Admin Volunteer with Zest
- Code Club Volunteer - Code Club
- Digital Development Volunteer - Leonard Cheshire