Diabetes UK Northern Ireland is working harder than ever to make sure people with diabetes have access tot he services and care they deserve. By becoming our Strategic Framework Network Volunteer you can help us make a real difference.
Working alongside our Policy and public Affairs Manager you will help influence delivery of the Diabetes Strategic Framework Document. Our eyes and ears on the ground you will represent Diabetes UK Northern Ireland at key networking meeting meetings and events, influencing key decision makers, championing our work and shaping diabetes services.
Main elements of the role:
If your application is successful you will be asked to:
- Work with the Policy and Public Affairs Manager to ensure representation at all Diabetes Strategic Framework meetings and events.
- Attend DSF meetings and events as a Diabetes UK Northern Ireland representative speaking on behalf of Diabetes UK, putting forward views and suggestions on how services could better meet patients needs
- Writing reports / sending feedback to the Policy and Public Affairs Manager after meetings and events highlighting any issues of concern or any any areas you think need to be followed up on.
- Be a positive ambassador for the vision, mission and work of Diabetes UK Northern Ireland at all times.
- Participate in training and other activities as agreed.
For further information and and an application pack please forward your details to us.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- IT Support Volunteer - AbilityNet NI
- Dementia Friendly Community Champion - Alzheimer's Society
- Volunteer Support Worker - Strabane Special Olympics
- Glenside Club, Strabane
- Horticulture Assistant - New Horizons Strabane
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Volunteer Peer Advocate with Disability Action
- Service Volunteer - Headway UK
- Family Support Volunteer - Headway UK
- Post Rehabilitation Exercise Programme (PREP) Support Volunteer - Chest Heart & Stroke
- Volunteer Support Worker-P.O.C.A
- Volunteer Walker - Friends of Ardavon
- Welcome Volunteer - Movement to Music / Parkinson's UK
- Hippotherapy - Gortilea
- Solas Educational Support Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities - Cheshire House / Leonard Cheshire
- Support Volunteer - Destined Ltd
- Volunteer with Foyle Down Syndrome Trust
- Support Group Volunteers - Versus Arthritis
- 121 Outreach Volunteers - Versus Arthritis