The Dementia Friendly Community Champion role is essential to creating dementia friendly communities across Northern Ireland. We will do this through providing interactive dementia awareness workshops to develop knowledge about dementia and provide opportunities to develop confidence and skills on how to communicate, relate and support someone with dementia.
Through this role you will deliver interactive dementia awareness workshops and raise the profile of the Dementia Friendly Community Programme.
Through volunteering we can achieve great things!
This opportunity is flexible and there are no set dates. Any travel expenditure is reimbursed.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- IT Support Volunteer - AbilityNet NI
- Dementia Friendly Community Champion - Alzheimer's Society
- Volunteer Support Worker - Strabane Special Olympics
- Glenside Club, Strabane
- Horticulture Assistant - New Horizons Strabane
- Diabetes Strategic Framework Network Volunteer - Diabetes UK
- Volunteer Peer Advocate with Disability Action
- Service Volunteer - Headway UK
- Family Support Volunteer - Headway UK
- Post Rehabilitation Exercise Programme (PREP) Support Volunteer - Chest Heart & Stroke
- Volunteer Support Worker-P.O.C.A
- Volunteer Walker - Friends of Ardavon
- Welcome Volunteer - Movement to Music / Parkinson's UK
- Hippotherapy - Gortilea
- Solas Educational Support Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities - Cheshire House / Leonard Cheshire
- Support Volunteer - Destined Ltd
- Volunteer with Foyle Down Syndrome Trust
- Support Group Volunteers - Versus Arthritis
- 121 Outreach Volunteers - Versus Arthritis