As a key member of the local fundraising branch you will be responsible for the administration of branch activities and keeping everyone up to date.
Location: At home and in the community
What does the role involve?
• Ensuring clear written communication between your branch and the fundraising team and with supporters
• Making applications to do events and collections
• Writing to thank supporters for their donations
• Letting branch members know of branch meetings in advance, including drawing up agendas with the Organiser or Chair.
• Taking minutes at meetings and sending a copy to branch members and your Community Fundraiser
• Maintaining levels of stationery and publicity materials
• Maintaining branch records, including a secure list of names and addresses of branch members
• Ordering tokens of appreciation, through the Mobility Team, for individuals and groups who complete one of our fundraising targets
• Working as part of a team with other volunteers and staff, and to make new people welcome
What skills or experience are required?
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• E-mail use and access desirable
What will I get out of it?
• Sense of satisfaction in ensuring everyone has up to date information on your branch and smooth coordination of activities
• Work with a group of committed and passionate people
• Support Guide Dogs to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that enable blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
What support or training will I get?
• Regular and ongoing support from Guide Dogs
• Payment of all out of pocket expenses
• Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Residential Maintenance Volunteer
- Stage 1 Speech and Language Therapy Programme Volunteer - Stroke Association
- Befriender - Sensory Support Service
- Stage 2 Communication Skills Development Programme Volunteer - Stroke Association
- My Guide - Sighted Guide / Guide Dogs NI
- Branch Secretary - Guide Dogs
- 'Steer Your Career' Volunteer Opportunities - Action On Hearing Loss
- Home Volunteering Opportunities - Action On Hearing Loss