The Sensory Team provide a specialist service to individuals who have a sight and / or hearing loss regardless of age. We also provide information and training sessions about sight and hearing loss for the public and other organisations. We are currently looking for a volunteer who can assist one of our clients who needs some support with various daily tasks due to her sight loss. Daily living tasks could include reading mail, assisting to pay bills, going to the park with her children or helping with appointments.
These tasks would mainly take place in the client's home so the volunteer would need their own transport. Volunteers will be supported by the sensory support service staff team who will provide on-going training and reimbursement of expenses.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Residential Maintenance Volunteer
- Stage 1 Speech and Language Therapy Programme Volunteer - Stroke Association
- Befriender - Sensory Support Service
- Stage 2 Communication Skills Development Programme Volunteer - Stroke Association
- My Guide - Sighted Guide / Guide Dogs NI
- Branch Secretary - Guide Dogs
- 'Steer Your Career' Volunteer Opportunities - Action On Hearing Loss
- Home Volunteering Opportunities - Action On Hearing Loss