Arthritis Care are currently looking for volunteers in three different areas.
1) Health Event Volunteer.
To talk to the general public to raise awareness and answer general enquiries and direct any medical questions to the the relevant staff member. To encourage anyone with arthritis to leave their details so that further information can be forwarded to them.
2) Arthritis Awareness Volunteer.
Volunteers are required to speak to community groups, local companies and council committees. All awareness volunteers need to attend a training day to learn more about arthritis and Artthritis Care.
3) Befriender / Mentor
Arthritis Care is training volunteers to become befrieders/mentors. As a trained befriender/mentor your skills, personality and location will be matched to an appropriate individual or group.
Opportunities Available in this Category
- Quaker Service Prison Befriender
- Dementia NI Empowerment Group Support Volunteer
- Kinship Care Volunteer - Kinship Care NI
- Phone & Home Volunteer Befrienders - B-Friend Hub, Strabane
- Volunteer Befriender - Huntington's Disease Association Northern Ireland
- Drivers & Helpers - Age Concern
- Youth support worker volunteer - Search
- Sitting Service/befriending volunteers with Strabane District Caring Services
- Support Group - Aware
- Volunteer Support Worker - Jigsaw Project
- TinyLife Family Support volunteer
- Volunteering with Leonard Cheshire - Cheshire House
- Arthritis Awareness Volunteer
- Compassionate Communities @ Foyle Hospice
- Volunteers for Action on Hearing Loss
- Foyle Down Syndrome Trust Volunteer Buddies
- Witness & Community Service Volunteers - Victim Support NI
- Check In & Chat Volunteer - Age NI